MDBIT has truly arrived! We were put in the Guardian's inaugural Top Ten Travel blogs, which is a weekly ranking, by the paper's official Travel blogger, of other blogs. Kind of masturbatory of the whole blogosphere. Here's what he said:
In a world of spies, diplomatic wrangles and general pseudo-cold war skulduggery, it's nice to find something to do with Russia that's a bit of fun. MDBIT is a quite sexy-looking guide to nightlife and cool stuff in Moscow.If you find a deep spiritual malaise sexy, be my guest. Note: it's listed after the jump, and quite hard to find, which may be why the Guard only accounted for 5% of MDBIT hits last week. No the largest share (44.3%) were poor souls who stumbled in from Google searching for something else, usually whores.
Top Ten Google Searches of July 22-28 (That Did Not Involve Whores)
- Moscow is Not Swayed By Tears. Nice try! You had this vague idea in your head that the city hates crying, and it paid off.
- How to Get Drunk on the Relative Cheap without Drinking Antifreeze. Hey that's my line! I wrote that a month ago. Luke Harding? Say it ain't so.
- How to Cut Costs Running a Nightclub in Moscow. House it in a fort?
- Black Star Timati's Girlfriend. I wouldn't say we're dating yet.
- Moscow Best Bars on Wednesday. It's kind of a black hole.
- Osen Moscou Face Control. Too late, my French or possibly Catalan friend. Osen has been closed for a couple years now.
- Raccoon Spit Paralyze. Why am I No. 2 on the search for this? I mean, only No. 2.
- Music From Moscow Doesn't Believe in Tears. i feel bad for all the first year Russian students looking for stuff about the Soviet classic and instead coming face to face with Danila Polyakov's firecrotch.
- Danila Polyakov Firecrotch. Sir, you're a freak.
- Skinny Jeans with Codpiece. I am definitely not in the first handful of pages for this one, which meant that someone rifled through a lot of codpieces.